Practical Completion stage is the point in time at which the builder is preparing for handover.
There are a number of critical tasks that need to be completed at Practical Completion before taking handover and as your agent we are here to guide you. Our services incorporate the following;
- Liaising with your selling agent, solicitor, banker and builder
- Arranging and attending Practical Completion Inspections
- Identifying and ensuring defects are remedied
- Ensuring the home is clean, compliant and ready for occupation in accordance with the Residential Tenancies and Rooming Accommodation Act.
- Arranging quotes and obtaining Landlord & Building Insurance
- Organising professional photography
- Advertising the home ‘for rent’ online
- Installing lease signs
- Client pick up and drop off (fee applicable)
Although the property will not yet be handed over and ready for inspection by prospective tenants at Practical Completion Stage, experience has shown that in order to minimize any possible vacancy period this is the ideal time for advertising to be commenced.
This allows our agency to accumulate tenant enquiry for our first round of open homes and even pre-select tenants where possible to move in as soon as key handover has taken place.